Thursday 23 May 2019

arcgis desktop - How to link data to a polygon ArcMap 10.3



I have a map with different polygons (118). Each of this polygons represent diferent vegetation types.


For each of those polygons I have data of which species there is and how abundant they are (the abundance is measured with a scale from 1 to 3).


I would like to "link" (I am sorry if its not the correct way of name it) the data of which species and abundance there is in each of those polygons.


I would like afterwards to be able of selecting the different polygons containing the same abundance and species.


In the polygons I created there is no atributes associated other than (FID, shape and Id. the 3 of them created alone by the program when I drew them) and the tables I have in excel with the data I want to "link" to the polygons contain a column called species and another abundance.


As you can see, I'm pretty new using the program...




As I have tried to do what you all suggest in the comments down here, and I couldn't achieve what I was wanting to do (provably because of my bad explanation before...)


I leave a picture: As you can see in the attribute table, that is how every attribute table of each polygon (which represents one area) looks like. On the right there is how I have my data in excel. Could you please suggest something I could do in order to add to the polygons attribute table the data belonging of species and its abundances (polygon number 1 has to have all the species (Acer mons, Acer pseu, Acer repens….) and its abundance (which are the numbers of the row Area1).




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...