Friday 24 May 2019

csv - Is it possible to use non-printable characters as delimiter for text file layer in QGIS?


I am trying to import a Delimited Text File Layer from a .csv file in QGIS. Because this caused a lot of errors, I posted a question here and got the hint towards using ASCII non-printable control characters as delimiters. These are described on Wikipedia and in this blog post.


Since I am using Tweets, for which it is very difficult to find a convenient delimiter because nearly all characters are used in them, I really want to give this a shot. However, I cannot find out how to import a text file into QGIS specifying these characters as delimiters. I tried the different spellings that are given in Wikipedia as custom characters and as regular expression.


0x31
0x1F
^_

None of these work. Interestingly, the lines are detected correctly - only the record delimiters are a problem.



Any ideas?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...