Thursday 30 November 2017

qgis - Why can't I edit attribute table imported through 'text as layer'


I imported the coordinates from an Excel table. They show as single points as intended. Now I want to add columns to the attribute table, but I'm not able to edit it. I wanted to import the following columns from Excel as well, but that doesn't seem to work either.


Sorry for the noob-question, but I couldn't find anything relating the theme through google and such.


Ok, with pictures then: I want to use that to add columns with information to these


enter image description here enter image description here


You see, the small pensil thingy is greyed out, so I can't edit anything in this layer and I can't add any information to my points.



If I try Ale suggestion I get this error:


enter image description here



Answer



By default CSV layers cannot be edited. You have to save to a different format, e.g. Shapefile, before you can start editing.


Update 2015-11:


There's a new plugin that solves this issue called Editable GeoCSV. It can handle x and y columns for points or a WKT column. For more details see http://giswiki.hsr.ch/Editable_GeoCSV_QGIS_Plugin


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...