Monday 27 November 2017

installation - How to install PostGIS on Windows?


I want to create an application platform based on PostGIS data. I read the documentation where I saw the prerequisite to install GEOS, GDAL and Proj4. The main problem is I am using windows platform. Can anybody refer me where I can get a full documentation on it to install PostGIS, GDAL, GEOS, Proj4 on windows with all their library? or is it possible to install all the library on windows?



Answer



You don't have to worry about any of those prerequisites when installing PostGIS on Windows. You just need to install the Postgresql installer for your platform. You can then launch the Application Stack Builder to install PostGIS.


enter image description here


enter image description here


You can find more detailed installation instructions at the Boston GIS web site.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...