Thursday 23 November 2017

Complete QGIS Uninstallation to fix TauDEM Issues


I was looking to completely uninstall QGIS 2.18.14 from my laptop as I have managed to do something with the settings that has stopped the TauDEM provider from creating any outputs from any of the processes I have attempted to run.


The steps i have taken are as follows- - Run QGIS uninstaller - Deleted QGIS2 folder from C:\Users\me.qgis2 - Run Revo Uninstaller for removing trace files and folders


The problem is that somewhere there is a setting or folder remembering my last working configuration as when i reinstall QGIS the plugins, WMS layers and Panels that I have had opened for my daily work, are still opening as they were before even after a fresh install.


Is there something I am missing to have a fresh install with all the default tools and pathways reset to as they were if I had never had a copy of QGIS on my machine before?


I believe the problem may have arisen when i tried to install a newer version of SAGA GIS onto my machine but i can't be 100% certain as I have only noticed this TauDEM problem over the weekend. No matter what I do it always says the 'The following layers have not been created'. I have removed the newer version of SAGA but it is still not allowing me to create anything using TauDEM provider. the version of TauDEM is 5.3.7 x64 for Windows. I am currently running Windows 10 on my laptop.





No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...