Tuesday 26 September 2017

qgis - Why can't I save my custom CRS?


I am unable to create custom CRSes in QGIS. The 'save' button doesn't seem to have any effect. My best guess is that I don't have permission to save in the folder or database where custom CRSes go. I have looked at the screenshots of other users who are having trouble with this, and I usually see "1 of 1" in the custom CRS browser. On my system, I see "* of 0" instead


enter image description here


Any assistance appreciated.


QGIS version: 1.8.0


Ubuntu 12.04 LTS



Answer



I was able to solve this problem on my own. After some investigation, I found that the ~/.qgis folder was owned by root and had permissions 644. With these permissions, the qgis.db cannot be created when QGIS runs, and settings cannot be saved. There are two ways to fix this problem.





  1. Delete the ~/.qgis folder. It will automatically be recreated when you run QGIS, but with you as owner and permissions 776.




  2. Manually modify the ~/.qgis folder using the chown, chgrp, and chmod commands so that you are the owner and permissions are 776.




Based on issue ticket #914, this problem has been fixed in the source: http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/914


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...