Thursday 14 September 2017

qgis - How do I check which version of GDAL I have and how many?


I have installed in my computer the following software:



  • PosgresSQL 9.3.2.3

  • PostGIS 2.1.1.1

  • QGIS 2.0.1 Dufour (this one installed through the OSGeo4w package)

  • QGIS 1.7.0 Wroclaw



As far as I know all of them somehow operate, or use, or access the GDAL library.


Are they independent versions of GDAL therefore being used depending on which one of the above software I am using? For instance, If I open the OSGeo4W Shell, just after loading the batch it displays:


GDAL 1.10.1, released 2015/02/10


So, how can I check the other GDAL versions and make comparisons?


Is there any way of centralize all of this stuff and force the apps to use the same centralized folder?



Answer



OSGEO4W and all standalone QGIS installers come with a OSGEO4W Shell.


Start that, and type gdalinfo --version and read the result.


You may have different versions on the disk: Standalone, OSGEO4W and also from gisinternals if you want the latest GDAL build, but every package sets its environment so that it is using the version it was delivered with. Actually they don't know of each other.



That is the reason why you can not execute any GDAL exe or bat by just clicking on the file in Windows Explorer.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...