Monday 18 September 2017

arcgis desktop - Extracting one band from three band raster in ArcMap?


I'm fairly new to ArcGIS and I get into trouble extracting a single band layer from a raster image .img in ArcMap that I want to use after in zonal statistics. So far, all help I found is to do the operation in the other way around and merge bands and some explanation by using the python code. But I would like to use ArcMap interface.


I tried to create a single layer from ArcCatalog and import it to ArcMap but I get a layer and not a raster. I also tried to import my image.img in ArcMap but then I don't find anything to extract only a specific band.



Answer



If you double click on your raster when you add it, it will become possible to select a single band. You can then export this single band using "right click" export data, but this is not necessary.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...