Tuesday 26 September 2017

How do I remove a join (between a standalone table and a feature layer) with ArcObjects?



I already know how to do a table join with ArcObjects, via the IDisplayTable, IMemoryRelationshipClassFactory etc. interfaces. Here are some links to resources that have example code for this:



What I need to know is, how do I undo, i.e. remove such a join?




Once I've joined a standalone table to a feature layer, I end up with references to:




  • an IRelationshipClass (resulting from the join operation);





  • an ITable/IStandaloneTable/IDisplayTable (the table that was joined to the feature layer); and




  • an IFeatureLayer (the feature layer to which the table was joined).




Do these interfaces, or rather the objects behind them, allow unjoining at all? I've seen that IRelationshipClass has various DeleteRelationship… methods, but I can't see how they could work towards that end.



Answer



Code below works for me for a featurelayer. Similar logic could be used for a standalone table.


private void RemoveAllJoins(IFeatureLayer fLayer)

{
var dispTable = fLayer as IDisplayTable;
var rqt = dispTable.DisplayTable as IRelQueryTable;
if (rqt != null)
{
Debug.Print("source: {0}", ((IDataset)rqt.DestinationTable).Name);
Debug.Print("dest: {0}", ((IDataset)rqt.SourceTable).Name);
fLayer.FeatureClass = (IFeatureClass)rqt.DestinationTable;
}
else

Debug.Print("there are no joins");
}

The documentation for IRelQueryTable at 10 seems to be missing this important graphic, that appears in 8.3 help doc:


enter image description here


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...