Monday 25 September 2017

qgis - How to remove duplicate point features?


I have created many .gpx datas with my Garmin device, but due to the amount of data, I have imported the mapping data from my device several times (also because I didn't want it to be lost)...


As a result I have now many double or even 6 times the same point (including tracks, which I displayed as points also, so that I have the elevation) after I saved all the gpx-files as shapefiles and then merged them.


Is there a way to automatically erase the duplicates with QGIS, or if not with any other free software working on Ubuntu 12.4?


I very much appreciate your help!



Answer



Try the 'mmqgis'-plugin. There, go to Modify -> delete duplicate geometries and select your layer.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...