Sunday 9 July 2017

geocoding - Average frequency of zip code change for a given address over the course of year


This is a difficult question to answer with a high degree of accuracy, but could someone estimate to within an order of magnitude for me the chances of a zip code for a given address changing over the course of a year?


For example, would you say the chances of this are:



a) ~10%


b) ~1%


c) ~.1%


d) ~.01%


Just trying to get a rough sense of the constancy of these things for some code I'm writing. If the answer were ~10% I would proceed very differently than if it were ~.01%.



Answer



I maintain the Zip Code feature class for the USPS. Of our 34,000~ Zip Codes, I alter the boundaries of maybe 5~ a month.


Some Zip Codes contain thousands of addresses, some contain less than one hundred.


Hard to estimate an average yearly change per address, I would say .01%


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...