Tuesday 25 July 2017

installation - Why is QGIS not launching?


I've got a problem using QGIS. Always when I try to launch the programme with the desktop icon, nothing happens. I also checked the Task Manager and it doesn't show any process running regarding qGIS.


The target field shows this: "C:\Program Files\Quantum GIS Lisboa\bin\nircmd.exe" exec hide "C:\Program Files\Quantum GIS Lisboa\bin\qgis.bat"


I had Microsoft C++ 2008 already installed, so I launched the installer and selected to repair it. However, QGIS still isn't launching.


I'm using Vista 32-bit.


I've tried to launch it manually, but then I get an error message telling me, that qgis.bat couldn't be found. I don't have any .qgs files on my PC, so I can't test it.


I can't find qgis.bat in the bin folder. But there's a file there called 'qgis.bat.tmpl'.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...