Tuesday 18 July 2017

arcpy - Installing 64 bit Python on ArcGIS Desktop?


I am trying to have Python 64-bit with ArcGIS so that I can use my entire RAM when doing data analysis. Apparently ArcGIS 10.2.2 Desktop comes just with 'Python 32-bit'.


Should I install a fresh Python 64-bit and import arcpy from there?


Is that going to work?


I need to use arcpy and scipy libraries for my data analysis and I need to call both of these libraries in my Python code.


Is there a better way to run 'Python 64-bit' with ArcGIS?




Answer



64-bit Background Geoprocessing with ArcGIS



64-bit Background Geoprocessing installs a 64-bit version of Python 2.7.2, NumPy and Matplotlib if they are not already installed. By default they will be installed to C:\Python27\ArcGISx6410.1 (note the x64 in the path), an additional install from the 32-bit Python (C:\Python27\ArcGIS10.1) that Desktop and Engine install and use



source: http://blogs.esri.com/esri/arcgis/2012/11/12/python-scripting-with-64-bit-processing/


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...