Monday 24 July 2017

qgis - How to place multiple symbols on one polygon centroid?


I am using QGIS for visualizing the health conditions of elderly living in an old age home, some of the elderly have multiple medical device with them and I want to show them on the map.


Suppose I have one bed for each elderly, I have created a centroid for each bed using ftool, then I join this label with my csv table, and then use Style tab in the layer properties.


In the csv table, I have 4 columns named A, B, C, D and each represent the presence/absence of a medical device. Currently I am using rule-based in the Style tab and use Offset X,Y to fine tune the position of the dots so that they don't overlap with each other completely.


I don't like the Offset X,Y method, because if I need to change the position of those symbols, I need to do it manually one by one, and I have 30 elderly homes that I need to work on. Is there a better way?




Answer



You could try the "Diagrams" labeling option in the layer properties. It's not exactly what it's designed for, but it might work for you. For example, I added four columns to an example dataset (A1, A2, A3, A4,) and set them equal to either '1' or '0' - in your case '1' being 'present' and '0' being absent. Then, in the layer properties, go to "Diagrams" and add the four (or six, whatever) columns at the bottom. The circle symbols will then show the colour if a feature is present, and not show it if it is absent. Unforuntately, the 'size' of each colour will change, but...


Test Case using made-up data


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...