Wednesday 19 July 2017

arcgis desktop - Is there a way to calculate closest distances to a point without using Near Analysis?


I frequently get asked to calculate distances from a specific point (A drilling well in the middle of the sea for example) to a number of Environmental layers (Protected Areas, Pipelines, Other wells etc, so would include points, lines and polygons). I currently do it manually which takes time so I thought there could be a way to automate this using python. It seems the best way to do this is use Near Analysis, which I do not have licence for.


I was just wondering is there anyway to use python to still generate some sort of table that would give me the closest distances from my input feature to my numerous environmental features, the names of said closest features, and the distance (and also direction if possible, but thats not essential).


Any ideas?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...