Sunday 25 September 2016

security - Changing geoserver admin password


How can I change the default password of geoserver admin from geoserver to something else?


I have tried two different things, but none worked. First thing I tried following the online documentation is to go to the data_dir at:


 /usr/local/lib/geoserver-2.5/data_dir/security


and I could only find


  

in usergroup/default/users.xml. But I can't edit a digest.


The second thing I tried is to change the password from the web admin interface in the "Passwords" menu on the left panel. Although I can change the password, but it seems to be changing something called the master password. The password for admin remains the same.


I am using geoserver2.5 from osgeolive8.



Answer



You can change the password via the web interface by going to the Users,Groups, and Roles link:


enter image description here




Once there, go to the Users/Groups tab and select the user which you want to edit


enter image description here



You can then change the passwords or any other details you need to change.


enter image description here


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...