Friday 23 September 2016

arcgis desktop - Snap to closest polyline from point


I want to create a new layer/shapefile, containing polylines that represent a connection to a grid. I have a layer of points and a layer of polylines (see picture below), based on this I want to connect each point to the perpendicularn (closest) polyline. These lines should then be stored in a separate shapefile.


Someone can help me out here? I am using ArcMap 10.4.1 - Basic Edition (Desktop version) (moving to standard edition in a couple of days)


As I work with a big dataset (3 mio points / 700 000 lines), I don't want to snap line per line.


EDIT: I will not be able to upgrade to the advanced edition and therefore not able to use the 'Near' tool


enter image description here





No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...