Tuesday 27 September 2016

arcgis desktop - Radius of curvature for curves in road segments for entire road network


I have a road network shapefile for a US state and I am trying to derive the radius of curvature for road segments in this shapefile. I need to be able to perform this task within just a few functions for thousands of road segments.


The road segments vary between 0.2 miles and maybe 5 or so miles. Each segment has several curves, but I am only interested in curves small enough to force a vehicle to make a reasonable turn. This should reduce the number of curves of interest per segment to a max of 1 or 2, with many segments not having such curves at all. I have not determined the maximum radius of the curve (the threshold) I would like to use.


For segments with only 1 such curve, I would like to obtain the values of those curves for those segments, and for those with more than 1, an average will do.





No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...