Friday 23 September 2016

Automatically reducing polygon size in QGIS?


I am working with two polygon layers (counties & states) which I will 'intersect' to find which counties are within which states. Due to data inaccuracies I have to change all county polygons and make them a bit smaller. At this stage it doesn't really matter by how much, as long as I can do this change automatically.


I understand that polygons which are currently perfectly aligned now, will afterwards have a 'gap' between them, but that's fine.


I've tried 'Simpliyfy Geometries' but this only 'smoothens' edges and doesn't help in this case.


Is there any option in QGIS to reduce the size of polygons automatically? (i.e. move all polygon points 200 meters closer to the 'polygon mid-point').





No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...