Tuesday 27 September 2016

ArcGIS Online and Sign In options greyed out in ArcMap?


I have just installed ArcGIS for Desktop 10.2.2 on my Windows 7 machine. When I got ArcMap opened up I found the "ArcGIS Online ..." and "Sign in..." options were greyed out. Meanwhile in ArcCatalog there was no GIS Server -> ArcGIS Online option.


Just wondering if there is any options/settings I should tick on to get them working?



Answer



On your Windows Task Bar, near the clock, you should see a globe icon (you may need to choose the Show Hidden Icons arrow).


Right-click on this and choose Test Connection Now - this will attempt to connect to ArcGIS Online. When it's connected, hovering over the icon should show "Connected to ArcGIS Online".



enter image description here


If that fails, try Run Connection Test to debug exactly where it's failing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...