Sunday 25 September 2016

database - stratigraphic ranking with field calculator?


I would like to populate a feature class float attribute with a numerical ranking of a text attribute of a geologic map. I have a field named [sheet_unit] with strings such as "H10, Q" and "J10, Pl" with I would like to relabel in another attribute [Stratigraphic_Rank] with a numerical value such as 0 and 10, etc. I was hoping to use an IF THEN statement but I cannot for the life of figure out how to use the field calculator to do this. Anyone willing to help me start?


This and my several variations of it don't work:


If [sheet_unit] = "H10, Q" THEN [Stratigraphic_Rank] = 0 ElseIf [sheet_unit] = "J10, Pl" [Stratigraphic_Rank] = 10 EndIf





No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...