Sunday 27 October 2019

How to keep georeferencing from ArcGIS when importing raster into QGIS?


I tried searching for the answer to this, but I didn't see anything, so here it goes:


I have previously georeferenced some .png raster images in ArcGIS 10.2.2, and could like to import them into QGIS. When I tried doing this, the raster would load, but it was not georeferenced.



Any suggestions on how I can accomplish this? (And yes, all the relevant files from ArcMap are in the folder, as I moved the entire folder to the new computer with QGIS).



Answer



QGIS and ArcGIS use two different file extensions for a .PNG image's world file. When you georeference a PNG in ArcGIS, it generates a .PGWX file containing the spatial information for the PNG. QGIS uses the extension .PNGW instead. You can just rename your image's .PGWX files to .PNGW files and they should come in to QGIS correctly.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...