Wednesday 23 October 2019

arcgis desktop - What are limits on ArcScene and TINs from LiDAR?


I am trying to load anywhere from 5 to 10 LiDAR TINS into ArcScene. I am using ArcGIS Desktop Evaluation (student) 9.3.1. I just built a new computer with a AMD Phenom II X6 1090T six core processor, 8GB of ram, and a GeForce GTX 470 video card.


When I load the data into arcscene I also open up my system resource monitor. It's only using about 20% of the CPU and less than 2 GB of ram (out of the 8). The program never seems to go over those numbers even with using tools.


I've tried adding to the virtual memory, but that hasn't changed anything, it still runs slow. As far as I know all my drivers/Windows are up to date.



Are there limitations on amounts of data that can be opened in ArcScene? Is there a way to make this work super fast, as was the plan when I put this computer together?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...