Tuesday 22 October 2019

arcgis desktop - Cell statistics sum resulting cells to indicate original input rasters


I have 5 rasters (habitat suitability models for 5 different species) that I have set to the value 1, I have then used the Cell stats (ArcGIS 10.0) to add the rasters together so I can see the overlap i.e. were 5 rasters overlap a corridor in that location would be better than in a place were only 2 rasters overlap.


What I want to do is have a field (s) added to the summed raster that tells me which of the original rasters overlap at that location. i.e. in location 1. the frog and bird raster overlap etc. this would need to be done for every cell in the final raster. I think maybe lookup or raster calculator but it is a bit beyond me and I don't want to go to vector...


There are a few similar questions on here but not exactly and I can't make them work



Answer



You need to use the Combine tool. Unlike simply adding together the rasters to get a total, this tool will create a new raster with values based on the unique combination of the other rasters. So the value created where frog and bird overlap will be different than that where frog and fox overlap, which is different yet again from where bird and fox overlap.


Related question: Combine multiple binary rasters to a single raster which doesn't specify identifying the input values in the final so not a duplicate. There is, however, an alternate solution there that describes using bitwise algebra to solve the problem (pretty much what Michael mentions in his comment).


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...