Saturday 19 October 2019

arcgis desktop - Finding minimum bounding extent of given pixel value within raster?


I am wondering if there is a way to find the minimum bounding extent for a raster with a particular value. I clipped a raster from a global image and the extent is set as the global extent with a lot of NoData area. I would like to remove the NoData area from this raster and retain only the area containing the pixels of the particular value. How can I do this?


Here is my example: I would like to extract value = 1 (Blue area) and use the blue area's extent rather than the whole world for further processing.


Sample Image



Answer



IF I have understood the question correctly it sounds like you want know the minimum bounding box of the values that are not null.Maybe you could convert the raster to polygons, select the polygons you are interested in and then convert them back to a raster. You can then look at the properties values which should give you the minium bounding box.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...