Friday 1 June 2018

Read gpx track points in QGIS


I want to read GPX track points with their time stamps into QGIS. I try GPS Tools, GPX Conversions, Waypoints from a track.



This fails on my PC at office (QGIS code revision d94c044). Sometimes QGIS stalls with high CPU usage, but most times I get an error "The layer C:/Daten/CurrT.gpx?type=waypoint is not a valid layer and can not be added to the map".


It works on my Laptop at home (QGIS code revision ebebdf3), but the created features don't contain timestamps. Fields are name, elevation, comment, description, source, url, url name.


How should I proceed?


BTW both versions of QGIS insist "You are running the current version of QGIS" and don't offer updates. Is it reasonable to re-install the (apparently) same version of QGIS from time to time?



Answer



Ryan Garnett gave the simple solution as comment: Layer, Add Vector Layer, MyGPX.gpx, then select "track_points" works perfect.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...