Monday 18 June 2018

How to upload a group of Shapefiles into QGIS?



I have a folder with 211 Shapefiles that I want to upload as a group into my project.


I have been looking for a way to upload all the files simultaneously, but I have failed to find one.


Is there a way to upload all these files in one go?



Answer



If you want to open multiple files (shapefiles) and group them with e.g. source catalog name, it's very handy to use Load Them All plugin (www: http://geotux.tuxfamily.org/index.php/en/geo-blogs/item/264-plugin-load-them-all-para-quantum-gis). Grouping option is to activate on plugins configuration tab.


Grouping option


To install & activate plugin go to: Plugins -> Manage plugins -> search for: Load Them All -> click it on the list and select Install plugin.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...