Saturday 30 June 2018

arcgis desktop - DEM/Raster Peak and Valley identification and/or elimination (non-generalization)


Is there is a tool or process that can identify and/or eliminate obvious peaks and valleys in a DEM?


I have looked into smoothing at What raster smoothing/generalization tools are available? but I am interested in keeping the original sharpness of the DEM.


The DEM is created using the topo to raster from a point cloud, so I seek suggestions on ways to identify the peaks and valleys from the pre-DEM point cloud.


I've looked at How to calculate peaks in a DEM too, but I am interested to see other ideas, and ideas from an arcgis point of view.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...