Tuesday 11 July 2017

arcobjects - How can I get more verbose messages from a GP service?


When I run a tool I've published as a gp service, the only messages I get are these:


esriJobMessageTypeInformative: Submitted. 
esriJobMessageTypeInformative: Executing...
esriJobMessageTypeInformative: Succeeded.

Is there some way I can get the same messages I see when I run the tool locally?


I don't see anything obvious in the documentation.


It is a custom tool written in arcobjects (implementing IGPFunction), so if there's some special way to call IGpMessages I'd consider that.



Answer




What is the "showMessages" option in your service config file?


http://help.arcgis.com/en/arcgisserver/10.0/help/arcgis_server_dotnet_help/index.html#//0093000000mr000000.htm


If it's "false" (the default) then ArcGIS Server will swallow all the messages.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...