Saturday 18 June 2016

vector - QGIS: "Invalid geometry" even after using validity checker and v.clean


I'm trying to intersect two layers in QGIS, similar to this unanswered question. I've performed Vector > Geometry Tools > Check Geometry Validity and I've run GRASS's v.clean, per these questions.


I'm still getting this response:


GEOS geoprocessing error: One or more input features have invalid geometry.



  • Is there a better way to check geometry?

  • Is there a way QGIS can tell me where the problem in the geometry is?

  • Can anyone see what I'm doing wrong using my files?


Here is a link to the underlying set of Voronoi polygons I want to intersect: https://www.dropbox.com/s/edev53n7nn7b6wy/Voronoi1.zip?dl=0



Here is a link to the problematic outline of Liberia that's giving me an "invalid geometry" error when I try intersecting it with the above (already run through Check Validity and v.clean): https://www.dropbox.com/s/4oa7ln7rk2n6e23/Liberia%20Outline%20Valid%20Cleaned.zip?dl=0



Answer



I ran the Check validity from the dropdown


enter image description here


Used the default settings


![enter image description here


The result was an Invalid Output


enter image description here


I then copied and pasted the co-ordinated into the QGIS project window screen (Centre bottom) and zoomed in until I found an intersection...


enter image description here



I deleted three nodes to remove the spike intersecting and ran the Intersection to get the result.


enter image description here


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...