Monday 27 June 2016

arcgis desktop - How to calculate max distance between two polygons in ArcMap?


I have two layers formed by polygons that I need to overlap in order to calculate the max distance of one polygon with respect to the perimeter of the other one.


In order to be clear I have this type of situation:


Example


I have a file with the black polygons and another file with the red one. I need to know the maximum distance of the red one to the black one (the blue arrow in the example).... any suggestion?




Here the passages that I'm making:



1) this is the initial situation. In order to simplify the situation I made the polygons with the exact colours as in the example:



2) Next, I made the euclidean distance as follows:



3) Zonal statistics:


4) this is the output:



If I'm correct: the COUNT is the previous FID (so the number that indicate each black polygon). Max should be the maximum distance of the black polygon to the next red polygon. If this is right, how is it possible that in some cases I have Min greater than zero and Max equal to zero? Moreover, this values are already in meters?




Actually it is a bug: if I compute only max make sense:



So that MAX are the maximum number of METERS to the next red polygon, right? A last question: is it possible to have a 0 value if NO red polygons are inside the black polygons?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...