Thursday 23 June 2016

postgis - How to calculate the average distance among set of points as measure of closeness


I have three series (or tables) of points in PostGIS which I want to compare. I would like to know how "close" each series is when compared to the other two. In other words I would need some measure such as the average of the average distance of each point with all the others (that is, the average of the distance matrix)... Sounds complicated, but I am sure some common statistic exist to compare series of points.


How my query would look like?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...