Thursday 23 June 2016

Creating DEM from contours using ArcGIS Desktop?


I have a large set of contours that I received broken down into several different subsets. I have merged most of the subsets together creating a larger set of contours in three different files. I have then created three different raster datasets from the contour shapefiles, however in that process, the rasters have a lot of zero elevation areas that shouldnt be there.


How do I get rid of these zero elevation areas to make a more accurate digital elevation model?


I was hoping the topo to raster tool would interpolate in between the different contours to clean up those areas but it did not. But, some of the zero elevation areas are in places where there is a stream, pond, or reservoir.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...