Friday 17 June 2016

mobile - How do I use HTML5 Storage to cache mapservice data?


I would like to develop a web app that runs on any device (including iPad and iPhone) in a disconnected mode. It is OK if the user is required to browse around and download mapservice data to a local cache before disconnecting and heading to the field.


I would like to do this with Esri's javascript SDK. (There is an existing app for which the mapservices have been set up, however it is written in Silverlight. I've been asked to port it to work with the iPad in a disconnected mode).



Caching ArcGIS Online tiles is a violation of the terms of use. Are there any restrictions on caching OpenStreetMap? If not, then how could I cache OSM locally and use that instead of the web service while disconnected.


For the vector data, I would like to provide a button that runs a query and downloads the json locally. Ideally I'd like to transparently redirect subsequent calls to fetch json from local storage, but I realize this is a bit naive. Does anyone know any good strategies for doing that?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...