Thursday 16 June 2016

arcgis desktop - Creating new custom vector marker symbol for ArcMap?


I would like to create a set of custom marker symbols for environmental sampling locations. I need there to be "vector" marker symbols not picture symbols. I've tried picture marker symbols and there are numerous drawing and exporting issues associated with this approach especially when using transparent colour. I believe I used a font creator in the past and drew a custom true type font but there seem to have been some issues with accessing the custom font from ArcMap as well as some font size problems. Ideally, I would like to draw a vector graphic in Illustrator/ CorelDraw then somehow use this graphic as a marker symbol in ArcMap.


Can this be done?


Can someone describe the process of creating a custom "vector" marker symbol as well as accessing the symbol in ArcMap. Vector graphic approach is preferred but a true type font approach is also fine.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...