Thursday 23 June 2016

analysis - How to find the area of raster values within polygon zones?


I'm using ArcGIS 9.3 and I just can't seem to get this right - I've tried tabulate areas, zonal stats, converting to polygons, etc. I'm missing something somewhere.


I have a USGS impervious surface raster data set that has been clipped to my analysis zones (watersheds). I reclassified the values (100) into 10 values and then added fields and calculated the areas in sq mi and sq km throughout my analysis extent of each value. But what I really want is those areas calculated per analysis zone - 15 in all. I don't have classes here per se, just different levels of imperviousness. I want to see how much of each value is in each zone. It seems the tabulate areas tool should work, but I don't understand the numbers I'm seeing in the table. I'm choosing analysis name as my zone field and the sq mi as my class field. Any help would be much appreciated to a relatively new GIS user.


Thanks




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...