Thursday 31 March 2016

postgis - convert data from osm to osm tiles/marble


I need to convert the raw thata OSM XML to tiles styled like standard OSM tiles (and other styles if possible)


From the research I've done I've found I need to have osm2pgsql and put it on the same server with my data (postGIS or sth), then I can render it with Mapnik using OSM style.


1) Do I have to have a server to convert files? 2) Is there a faster way to do this? (I've found sth about Imposm)



Answer



no you dont need a server.


you can install postgis on your computer and use osm2pgsql.


i recommend using tilemill to create the tiles from your postgis db and use osm-bright to style them.


you can then export them from tilemill in number of formats (i use mbtiles - you can open it to see the actual images if you need via mbutils)



i dont know about a faster way other then downloading the tiles themselves from somewhere..


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...