Sunday 27 March 2016

arcgis 10.0 - Selecting polygons by number of sides


I'm using ArcGIS 10 to build some figures for a journal article. One is a figure of an unstructured finite element mesh of triangles spanning the western Atlantic Ocean. I exported this mesh from SMS to a polygon shapefile where each triangle is a polygon and added it to my ArcGIS map. It looks great; however, the islands (such as Haiti and Cuba) are also polygons in the shapefile. I would like to remove them without manually selecting them all.


Is there a way I can select only the polygons with more than 3 sides in order to delete them?





No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...