Wednesday 23 March 2016

Custom labeling with same angle as rectangular object and specific position using QGIS?


Can the following be done in QGIS? It should be formula based without manual formatting as performed by my predecessor to get the following output.


enter image description here


So




  1. Grave_No on right parallel to the y axis of the grave.

  2. Name on top center parallel to the x axis of the grave.

  3. Date of Death on bottom center parallel to the x axis of the grave.


I expect that we will need to copy the layer three times to apply custom labels for each of these situations enter image description here


In MI -I can't autorotate the labels and place them on the left/make sure the angle is the same as the grave. I know it can be done manually per label but this is far to much work.


In QGIS - I can rotate the label but can't get them to always be on the left. I tried enter image description here


and


enter image description here



I also need to make sure all three labels are shown.


In ArcMap - In maplex, it seems as if we can only rotate point labels but I have a polygon shape. We can't use centroids as it will go out of the grave site.


So QGIS seems to get the closest...


enter image description here


Note 1. The name sometimes does not show but the Date of Death does, in other cases this is reversed. Both should be shown. 2. Some will have 2 or more people in the grave so the data will be there twice - so grave no will be E-062a and E-062b for example with 2 names and dates of death as well.


So can I do all the above in QGIS?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...