Thursday 23 April 2015

software recommendations - Rendering GPX track data onto video?


I have two geeky passions while driving: recording GPX data to upload to OSM as well as recording on board videos like this one. Since these kind of videos are sort of boring for others to watch I was wondering if maybe there's an application out there to convert the track data into a video which I could then overlay over my original recording showing real time stuff like time of day, speed, elevation, etc. Basically a HUD. If there was a way to show part of the map I'm driving through that would be dreamy.


Do you know of such a piece of software?



Answer



ActionCam is a nice visualization tool. You can used this and a desktop video recording tool as a workaround.


I also came across MPGHead Video Data Merger but it only works with TrackVision CSV data. Oh, and there's TrackVision ;) And DashWare which gets lots of praise online and can do this.


There are also several online sharing services which will let you combine video and GPS data, such as:




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...