Thursday 23 April 2015

How to edit geometry of multiple layers simultaneously in QGIS 3?



I have several line layers (route, pipes, cables) that share the same geometry and would like to edit them simultaneously.


Is there a way to easily snap the geometry of the pipes and cables layers to the route layer so that I can simply change the geometry of the route layer and don't have to repeat all changes on the other two layers as well?


To clarify, I plan a fibreglass route and have three layers. The first one describes the route that I have to take to pass all homes that have to be connected. The second one contains the pipes in which the cables lie and the third layer is the cable layer. So all features on those layers have to have the same geometry. Once I change the pathway of the route layer, I have to apply the same changes to the other two layers to ensure that they are still aligned with the route layer. I'm not sure whether I understand your comments correctly, but I use the basic editing tools in QGIS 3.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...