Friday 20 April 2018

qgis - Total of attribute field of point layer per polygon layer


I have a polygon shapefile of many lakes, I also have a point shapefile of locations on those lakes where fish were caught.


The point shapefile contains the attributes: Fisherman_iD, Fish_Caught, Lat, Long.


The polygon shapefile contains the attributes Lake_name, Points_per_polygon(PNTCNT)


Each point obviously has differing entries under the fish_caught field.


What I want to get is the average fish caught per lake (polygon).



So I need to have a total number of fish caught, per individual polygon, and then I can divide that by the PNTCNT file I create using the Points in a Polygon tool.


Ideas? I am relatively new to QGIS.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...