Saturday 28 April 2018

gpx - Uploading shapefile onto Garmin GPS, and displaying it over basemap?



I have a roads shapefile layer in ArcMap and I want to be able to view it on my Garmin64st. Ideally, it would be overlaid on a basemap so I would always be able to see it. It seems like that means I need to convert my .shp file to .img.


I'm finding various programs that claim to help with some step of this, but some of them are really expensive, and none of the free ones I've tried have gotten me to .img so far. I did download an ArcGIS Toolbox which converts .shp to .gpx, but I haven't been able to find a way to convert that to .img for free yet.


Am I missing something?


Does anyone know a simple and free way to convert a .shp to be viewed in a Garmin GPS like I've described?


If I absolutely must purchase a program, do you know of one that works?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...