Friday 20 April 2018

qgis - How to create svg symbols that have modifiable fill color, stroke color and stroke width?


I want to create some svg symbols for Qgis using Inkscape, those symbols must have attributes as described in the question. For the last two days, I have been experimenting as instructed by Sourcepole and mimicked some symbols came bundled with qgis that have desired attributes without any success.


Finally I experimented with the simplest form of symbol: I created an svg that contains only a circle in Inkscape and tried to modify it.


The original file (circle.svg) have this line:



   sodipodi:type="arc"
style="fill:#ffffff;fill-opacity:1;stroke:#000000;stroke-width:1.01988637;stroke-miterlimit:4;stroke-opacity:1;stroke-dasharray:none"

I modified it into:


   sodipodi:type="arc"
style="fill:param(fill) #ffffff;fill-opacity:1;stroke:param(outline) #000000;stroke-width:param(stroke-width) 1.01988637;stroke-miterlimit:4;stroke-opacity:1;stroke-dasharray:none"

Saved as circle_modified.svg and selected it as point symbol, but Qgis couldn't change all three parameters at the same time.



What did I do wrong or should do differently?


My system: Qgis 1.8.0 on Ubuntu 12.04 64 bit, Inkscape 0.48, Gedit 3.4.1 text editor.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...