Monday 21 September 2015

web mapping - List of Map Service Software



I am curious as to what GIS server software is out there. I have used a few different ones and am building a list of them. If you know of any others please mention it below because I would like to check it them out. I have listed the software that I am already aware of below.


GIS Server Software:
Name || Source || License
MapServer || Open || MIT-style license
GeoServer || Open || GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE
TileStache || Open || BSD License
TileCache || Open || BSD license
Mapnik || Open || LGPL (Lesser General Public Licence)
ArcGIS for Server || Closed || ESRI

A Custom Server Built on GeoTools || Open || LGPL
MapZoom || Open || ???
GLG Map Server || Closed || ???
Deegree || Open || LGPL
Geomajas || Open || AGPL
Mapguide Open Source || Open ||LGPL
GeoMedia Map Publisher || Closed || Intergraph
MapViewer || Closed || Oracle
Mapbender || Open || GNU GPL and Simplified BSD license

Hopefully that list helps others who are also looking for options. Also if I have mistakenly added one please let me know. I haven't tried most of packages on the list so if you have used any of them please let me know if you would recommend it and how your experience with the software was.


Question 1: Do you know of any other GIS Map Service Software?



Question 2: How was your experience with a GIS Map Service Software package?



Answer




QGIS Mapserver || Open || GPL


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...