Sunday 27 September 2015

Result Window in ArcGIS 10.1 is not Opening


I booted up ArcMap 10.1 today and found out the Results Window was not opening up.


Background info:



  • ArcMap is running through a virtualization program through at my company.

  • Similar issue has came up in the past but with the search window not showing up.

  • IT couldn't figure out what caused the issue with the search windows not opening up so they uninstalled the virulization program cleared the cache associated with ArcGIS.


  • I noticed whenever I click on Geoprocessing->Results (I have also added in the results button through customization), the right edge in the following image blinks.

  • I noticed a windows update went through last night so that may be the culprit? Then again, how did the search windows get borked?


I've scoured stack-exchange/internet and could not find any info relating to this issue. Tools successfully run and I can view the history log as mentioned here but i really need to view the results window so I can rerun various tools again without filling out the parameters again.


Does anybody know of any registry keys/services that I can look into that that may need to be tweaked?


I don't want to resort to IT since I know for a fact they will uninstall everything, in turn loosing all my defaults e.g. shortcut keys, toolbars, and document customization.



Answer



I was able to get the Results Window to show up again by deleting the following files:



  • normal.gxt (%AppData%\Roaming\ESRI\Desktop10.1\ArcCatalog)


  • normal.mxt (%AppData%\Roaming\ESRI\Desktop10.1\ArcMap\Templates)

  • normal.mxd (%AppData%\Roaming\ESRI\Desktop10.1\ArcMap\Templates)


Booting up ArcMap recreates the new files setting . I'm under the impression that one of these files was corrupt which kept the results window from opening up.


Note: If you want to keep your customization's, it's recommended to back up your normal. mxt and normal.mxd before deleting so they can be replaced later on. I would also suggest deleting normal.gxt first and then booting up ArcMap to see if problems are resolved. If problems still persist, delete the other two files.


Sources: 1,2,3,4


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...