Friday 18 September 2015

arcgis desktop - Finding outliers with wrong Z values in LIDAR data


I have more than 2000 XYZ (only ground points) .txt files and I have to do Quality Control (QC).


Let's say I have file, which I converted to multipoint (or even singlepart feature). I have mean Z value for a file, but if most of the points are 20-40 metres, and two, three points per file are 70-80 metres (wrong Z values). How to catch these points and remove? On another hand, it could be that in another file 70-80 metres is common Z value and some points wrong Z value 120 metres. In another file 120 metres is common and correct.


How to find and remove points with wrong Z values in LIDAR data?


Standard deviation? Raster cells?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...