Saturday 19 September 2015

r - readOGR: all features NULL


Getting an error when trying to load a shapefile via readOGR. readOGR works fine on my personal computer (mac) but I am running into issues on my work computer (windows).


When loading a shapefile using the typical syntax, I get the following error:


    Warning in ogrInfo(dsn = dsn, layer = layer, encoding = encoding, use_iconv = use_iconv,  :
ogrInfo: all features NULL
Error in readOGR(dsn = ".", "shp_example") : no features found

For something reproducible, when I run the following code from the example from help(readOGR):


    library(rgdal)


ogrDrivers()
dsn <- system.file("vectors", package = "rgdal")[1]
ogrListLayers(dsn)
ogrInfo(dsn)

I get the following warning after "ogrInfo(dsn)", telling me that all features are null. Note that I only get this error on my work computer; this error does not occur on my personal computer:


    Warning in ogrInfo(dsn) : ogrInfo: all features NULL

Any ideas as to what is going on?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...