Wednesday 30 September 2015

Creating points based on distance and bearing from survey point using QGIS?


I am plotting witness tree data to calculate pre-settlement tree density. I have a shapefile with points along section lines (square miles) at each half mile. I am making another table that contains tree data - distance, bearing, and diameter - related by survey point to the existing shapefile attribute table. Is there a way to create points on the map for the trees based on the distance and bearing from each survey point?


I'm not necessarily asking for a detailed set of instructions (although if anyone wishes to, I'd be grateful) but rather just if it's possible and a couple key words to continue searching how to do it.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...