Friday 23 January 2015

Which registry key holds the license type in ArcGIS 10.x?


I'm unable to change my license type (ArcView, ArcEditor or ArcInfo) in ArcGIS 10.0 using the Desktop Administrator due to permissions restrictions.



I'm trying to use the back-door method of changing the registry key in Regedit. In older versions of ArcGIS this was found under > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > Software > ESRI > License but I'm not seeing this in ArcGIS 10.0


The post Opening ArcGIS on a specific license level mentions a similar problem on Citrix, however I'm unable to set a system variable due to the same permissions issues.


Which registry key holds the license type in ArcGIS 10.0, and is it still possible to change the license type using this method?



Answer



If its a 64bit machine it stores it under...
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\ESRI


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...